Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Puppies - catching up!


     So, it's been a couple of years since I posted.  Life got busy!  I thought I'd try to finish what I started with this blog, and bring people (if anyone is still reading this) up to date.


     At three weeks their eyes opened and the pups became a lot more playful!


Here, "the twins" Duncan and Tug, wrestle while Brutus tries to join in on the fun!
    
     This was the week they learned to sit up too.


Willow shows how well she can sit.


     Bella was still feeding them, but we were also still supplementing with milk and some mashed, milk-soaked puppy kibbles.  We also moved them out of the house at this point, to an enclosed shed which we could heat for them at night.  Feeding them solid food means that their waste smells more, and when you multiply that by eight.... Yikes!  It also gave them more room to explore, and it gave Bella a chance to take a break from them sometimes. 


Dinner time!

     By four weeks of age, the puppies were VERY active and playful!


Everything is fair game for being chewed!
    
Two of their favorite things - going outside and meeting new people!




Bella is still feeding them, but less often now.  The weaning process has begun.
    
Though I love all the puppies, Duncan seems especially attached to me.  I thought I would be choosing a puppy to keep from this litter, but it appears that he has chosen me!


     They grew so much in the first four weeks! 


     Until next time....
 























No comments:

Post a Comment